Keeping Patients Healthy
We are committed to keeping our patients healthy and continue to monitor the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation daily. The safety of our patients has always been our number one priority.
Our practice is a member of the Organization for Safety, Asepsis and Prevention (OSAP) and consistently follows its guidelines, as well as the Centers for Disease Control’s Infection Control Guidelines for Dental Practices. We have state-of-the-art infection control policies, procedures and systems in place that demonstrate safe and infection-free delivery of oral healthcare that meet or exceed the Centers for Disease Control’s Standard Precautions for Dental Practices.
During these uncertain times, we urge you to take care of yourself, which also includes seeing your healthcare providers. Our clinicians and team members remain here to assist you with your dental needs and are available to answer any questions you might have.
How to protect yourself and stop the spread of germs
- Sanitize your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow, not your hands.
- Stay at home when you are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- You may be asked to put on a face mask to protect others.
If you or your child feels sick
If you or your child are experiencing any of the following symptoms, please inform our team members and we will kindly reschedule your appointment:
- Coughing/Sore Throat
- Shortness of Breath/Difficulty Breathing
- Chills/Sweats/Repeated Shaking with Chills
- Chest Pain or Respiratory symptoms
- Muscle Pain
- New Loss of Taste or Smell
Additional measures to further protect our patients and team members
- Pre-Screening: We will communicate with you before your appointment to ask some screening questions. We will ask those same questions upon arrival for your appointment in addition to recording your temperature. If you have a cough, temperature or other symptoms consistent with COVID-19, we will kindly reschedule your appointment.
- Direct-To-Room: Before your appointment, you have the option to stay in your car instead of the waiting room until we are ready to seat you in your personal operatory. Simply call us upon arrival and we will let you know when we are ready for you.
- Protect Yourself: We encourage you to utilize our hand sanitizer, wear a mask and continue social distancing for the near term.
- Mouth Rinse: We could ask you to pre-rinse with peroxide which has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
- Team Member Screening: We are also requiring our team members to self-screen at home before reporting to work.
Visit the CDC's website at CDC.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/ for the most current information.